The SMPS Pinnacle Awards recognizes excellence in marketing communications produced by professional services firms in the design and building industry.
- Recognition for your outstanding efforts
- Showcase your work and a job well done
- Exposure for your firm
- Educate the industry about the critical role of marketing in successful firms
Anyone responsible for the creation of the items for a company involved in the built environment is encouraged to enter. Firm must have at least one SMPS Heartland chapter member to submit. Chapters are: Chicago, Greater Cincinnati, Columbus, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Northeast Ohio, and Wisconsin.
Materials in any of the categories listed below that have completed between January 2018 and January 2022 will be accepted for the 2022 Pinnacle Awards competition.
Payment is due at the time of submittal. Submissions are not official until payment is received.
There is no limit to the number of categories a firm can enter. Multiple entries receive a discount per entry off the regular entry fee. Payments must be made through the website, no checks accepted.
First Entry: $75
Additional Entry: $60
- Holiday Piece
- Corporate Identity
- Promotional Campaign
- Internal Communications
- Special Event
- Recruitment & Retention
- Social Media
* Not all categories are guaranteed to have awards presented at the conference e.g. no submissions received for a specific category
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (submission and payment procedures coming soon)
- Entry Form – Please complete one form per entry.
- Clarification Statement – The Clarification Statement should not exceed two 8.5 x 11 pages, single-sided. Minimum font size is 11pt. Clarification Statement must include project name and address the following:
- Creative Brief – Please give a 250 word or less creative brief on your entry to convey to the jurors why your entry should win.
- Marketing Objectives – Including goals, target audience, methodology, timeframe, budget and desired outcome
- Research, planning, and implementation
- Results – Did you achieve your objectives? Describe why this entry was successful
- Digital Images – Please provide images that best represent your entry and include with your submission. Please limit your complete image submission to 100 MB.
- Slides – May be provided in ppt or pdf format. Two slides maximum. Slides should include your firm name, name of submission categories, a brief description of your project, the results, and relevant images. Slide information will be shown on a loop presentation during the Pre-Party and should your firm receive an award, these slides will be used at the Awards Ceremony. Download slide background here. (TBD)
- Payment – Online Payment through our Eventbrite registration site is required before a submission is accepted.
Jurors will determine award recipients (1st Place, 2nd Place, Honorable Mention), but are not required to fill each spot for each category.
Indicate how your company name should read if your firm is selected as a winner on the Entry Form. Additional trophies are $60 each; payable after winners have been announced.
The deadline for award submittals is March 11, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Upload to the Google Form here. Name all submitted files with your company name and category in the file name.
Online Payment through our Eventbrite registration site is required before a submission is accepted. (We are unable to accept payment via cash, check, or money order.)