Suellen Meyer Koppel, Ph.D. | Principal, Center for Creative Management
Have you ever met someone you liked instantly?
How about someone with whom you keep bumping heads?
Have you noticed how often miscommunications occur?
All the above relate to our communication style. Everyone seeks out others whose style is like theirs. Likewise, we can tell when someone has a style with which we find difficult to relate, but what can we do about that? The secret to success is to be flexible enough to understand and appreciate all styles. But before you can do this, you must know and understand your own style, and how it might come across to others.
As marketing professionals and leaders, we encounter a variety of people. Therefore, it is imperative that we understand interpersonal relationships and communication styles.
At this interactive workshop, you will:
• Identify your own preferred communication style;
• Recognize the effective and ineffective applications of each style;
• Learn how to recognize communication preferences of others;
• Develop strategies for interacting with people of each style.
• Discover your communication style
• Explore the four main communication styles
• Learn the platinum rule
• Uncover the strengths and weaknesses of all styles
• Construct a plan to deepen an important relationship