Mary Abbajay | President & Co-Founder, Careerstone Group LLC
Achieving success in this fast-paced 21st Century world requires people and organizations to develop adaptive strategies and mindsets. Tackling the challenges of this ever-changing landscape also requires developing (cultivating) robust and effective workplace relationships. Whether we like it or not, our colleagues, peers, and bosses have enormous influence on our ability to succeed. Achieving robust, productive working relationships with those above us, next to us, and below us requires us to learn and practice adaptive relationship strategies. In other words, we must learn to effectively manage our relationships! Whether you are working with colleagues, leaders, staff, stakeholders, or clients–managing up, down, and across is a skill that we all need.
This lively and interactive presentation provides proven strategies and techniques to increase cooperation and collaboration between those who have different power levels, perspectives, needs, wants, and personalities. Learning to effectively manage your relationships up and across–is good for you, good for your boss, good for your peers, and good for your organization.
• Recognize different workplace styles and explore adaptive strategies for communicating and collaborating with each style
• Develop strategies for working effectively with supervisors and peers
• Understand and manage the personality differences that impact workplace relationships
• Increase ability to influence people in positional power
• Develop strategies for working effectively with difficult personality types
• Learn to give feedback and make requests to organizational leaders and influencers